Buildings and contents insurance is normally referred to as home insurance. It can be a combined policy or bought as 2 separate policies, that will cover damage to the house or its contents. Buildings Insurance is essential and will be a condition of a mortgage and although contents insurance is not compulsory it is strongly recommended.

Buildings Insurance

This insurance covers your house in case of damage. Typical examples of cover would include damage caused by storms, floods or fire. smoke or explosions, water leakage/burst pipes, subsidence, or even vandalism.

Contents insurance

This covers the in your house which are not fixed to the property, for example your furniture, jewellery, appliances and clothing. Most contents insurance policies will cover the contents ofyour refrigerator, freezer and garden shed and give you the opportunity to insure items away from the home.

Why do I need this type of insurance?

Mortgage providers will make Buildings Insurance compulsory to ensure their security is adequately protected. Contents insurance is not compulsory but highly recommended, what would you do if all your possessions were lost in a fire and you didn’t have contents cover?.

Call now on 0161 465 0237 to find out more.

By being part of Openwork, we are delighted to offer our clients a fantastic range of general insurance products to meet your every need, whether you are a home owner, an occupier or a landlord.


Home Insurance – Buildings & Contents. Because it more than bricks and mortar.

Our homes are typically our most valuable asset but incidents can and do occur which can potentially destroy or severely damage our property. Home Insurance provides you with peace of mind by protecting your home, contents and personal possessions from damage or loss whilst also protecting your legal liabilities as a property owner or occupier. Home Insurance provides peace of mind.

Landlords Insurance

Here are some of the benefits that are available:

  • Fire, smoke, explosion, lightning, earthquake
  • Malicious damage or vandalism
  • Storm or flood
  • Subsidence or heave
  • Theft or attempted theft
  • Escape of water or oil
  • Alternative accommodation for tenants
  • Accidental damage to the locks or theft of the keys

Call now on 0161 465 0237 to find out more and get a quote.